dead tree question,,,,

Old 06-16-04, 11:32 AM
dead tree question,,,,

I lve next to a farm in southern Wisconsin. I have about 40 maple and boxelder trees on my lot. 2 months ago the farmer was crop dusting his field and sprayed 10 of my trees(not sure what he was spraying). Since then, all the leaves have fallen off and dont show any signs of coming back.

Is there any chance of these trees coming back next year?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-04, 12:17 PM
You did not mention how large these trees are. If they are mature trees, I would expect them to survive. You should see some new growth this year. If they don't, I suspect that he is liable for killing vegetation that is not his. This would be the case if he were not a farmer, just your next door neighbor.

What did he spray on them? What the chemical was and its concentration will help determine the chances of survival.

Old 06-17-04, 08:03 AM
i think you should find the farm manager and inform him of the situation. tell him the date of the application and ask him for a copy of his application records for that day and also for a copy of the MSDS sheets for the product used. i would also send some tissue samples in to be analized. if the farm manager does not cooperate, contact the dept of ag in your area or the county ext. agent for advise.

Old 06-17-04, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the answers. These trees are all mature, 60ft plus. I hope they come back

Old 06-17-04, 01:39 PM
The only other dead foliage I have is about a foot ring around the base of the trees....all the way around im assuming fron the pesticide running down the trees in the rain? The leaves took 2-3 weeks to die. but they havent fallen off yet. one of the trees still has a few braches with some green.