Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Now they are growing! Where do I get spices?

Old 06-20-04, 04:52 PM

Garden is doing great now (7 dead ground hogs), as of today! However I now need a really good place to buy spices? I found several places (By Search) that were an absolute "CON"! The spice prices varied from low to high, but they charged "ASTRONOMICAL SHIPPING CHARGES" !!
I don't want to buy a $7.00 per container of thyme and pay $20.00 for shipping and handling !! I think they were called Peaveys or something similar, they even had the gall to try and justify that kind of cost, totally unreal!!!
Bottom line! There must be a reasonable, honest place to purchase spices on line, including shipping!! We aren't talking wheel weights are sinkers here, just spices!!
Changeling

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-04, 08:21 AM
Mwoods
Visiting Guest
Spices

We have had good luck with these folks.

http://www.oregonspice.com

Old 07-14-04, 11:54 AM
deep6blue
Visiting Guest
Where in Maryland are you? A place called Homestead Gardens on 214 (Central Avenue, due east of the DC beltway, just south of route 50), had quite a few spices. I have seen spices at several other garden centers as well. But Homestead was the largest. Give them a call.

Homestead Garden Inc
743 W Central Ave
Davidsonville, MD 21035-1935
Phone: (301) 261-4009