Cost of cutting down tree

Old 07-14-04, 11:00 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Cost of cutting down tree

Hi,

I have 2 Juniper trees (25' tall)that I would like to cut down. I am wondering if someone new roughly what that would cost. Also, I would like to put sod down over that area once the stump is grinded out. Will my sod hold up in that area?? Please let me know.

Thanks,

greenda4

Old 07-14-04, 11:18 AM
deep6blue
Visiting Guest
We just had 4 trees removed. The prices will be dependent on your area. But these are for central Maryland.

1. White Pine, 85-90ft, tree cut down, hauled away, stump grind, $2200 ($1500 if they don't haul). This was a HUGE tree, about a 4ft diameter.

2. Cottonwood, 90ft, tree cut down, not hauled away, no stump grind, $800. This tree will be used for firewood.

3. Pine, 60ft, tree cut down, hauled away, stump grind, $650. This tree was about 2ft diameter.

4. Pine, 70ft, tree cut down, hauled away, stump grind, $700. This tree was about 2 1/2ft in diameter., but it was a little larger than number 3.

When the stumps are ground it becomes lots of mulch. This mulch will fill the hole in the ground where the stump was. Right now, I cannot put sod down. The mulch is too fresh. Later in the season or next spring should be ok though.

If you want to put topsoil in place of the mulch, tell whoever removes the trees to remove or place the mulch elsewhere.

Old 07-14-04, 11:34 AM
S
Thanks for the info deepblue!

greenda4

Old 07-14-04, 01:51 PM
K
call some local landscapers an they usually come out and give free quotes. do not bury the mulch from the stump. remove it and spread it out thinly over the lawn as a natural mosquitoe repellant- fine mulched cedar is sold as a repellant. if you bury it you will be asking for fairy-ring fungus to develope.

Old 08-25-04, 08:56 AM
ubusabee
Visiting Guest
Deep6blue

Deep6blue,
could you email me? I would like to know if you could refer the people who cut your trees for you. I have a deep tree about 2 1/2 ft diameter that needs to be taken down. Also might get rid of another tree next to it. Thanks. I am in Montgomery County.

[QUOTE=deep6blue]We just had 4 trees removed. The prices will be dependent on your area. But these are for central Maryland.

1. White Pine, 85-90ft, tree cut down, hauled away, stump grind, $2200 ($1500 if they don't haul). This was a HUGE tree, about a 4ft diameter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: