bush selection

Old 09-10-04, 01:54 PM
sprinternate
Visiting Guest
bush selection

i have a cornered space next to the house that has the air conditioner with a 5x5 foot space in front of it. want a bush to take up the space and hide the ac. live in kansas city, any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-04, 07:22 PM
Smile Hiding bush

Wide leaf evergreen, thin leaf evergreen? What do you see in the scheme of what you see?

Old 10-18-04, 08:06 AM
streak
Visiting Guest
re:bush

i had a similar problem.3 years ago i planted a royal purple smoke bush.it's fast growing and has proven to be very hardy.nice deep purple leaves.i'm not sure about your climate though.i'm in southern ontario canada.

Old 12-28-04, 01:05 PM
sprinternate
Visiting Guest
got a thin leafed evergreen, and dug a hole to find a congrete base about a half of a foot below the surface and 2.5 feet out from the house. so it in effect takes up half the bed. i planted the bush anyway, but it is not centered, but hopefully it will fill out. is there a ground cover i can use under the bush that does not need a deep bed? or should i just mulch it.

Old 12-28-04, 02:21 PM
Smile Sedums

Hi sprinternate

I like sedums for a living mulch. There are so many sizes & colors they are tough & like it hot or cold & do well in shallow soil.

A search for Sedums on www.google.com can give you some ideas of what is out there. We have some that are barely 1 inch high & some that all grow up to 2 feet high.

Have you heard of the ICE plants? That's a low growing sedum with showy flouresent flowers. Sedums come back year after year, so choose wisely as they will be there for many seasons.

Last edited by marturo; 12-29-04 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-29-04, 12:05 PM
make sure that whatever you plant that you leave room for the unit to breath. also make sure the plants dont shed anything that will choke the units ability to breath.

Old 01-03-05, 10:28 AM
sprinternate
Visiting Guest
thanks, happy new year