hibiscus tree

Old 10-24-04, 04:52 AM
quackupp
Visiting Guest
hibiscus tree

I have an hisbiscus tree (shrub) that has stayed outside all summer and what do I need to do to it to bring it in for the winter? It has an intertwined trunk and I was wondering what and where do I need to keep it inside during the winter months??

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-04, 08:03 PM
Smile Over wintering

Where do you live? I have a friend who takes his before first frost in their pots. He has a south facing alcove next to his house & has dug a 3 foot deep 18" inch wide trench. In go the pots & he then fills the trench in with straw.

Straw is used to cover the pruned tops & he then uses the tarps to keep the straw dry under the roof eve. He lives outside of Asheville NC,

My Dad leaves them out all Winter. Lake Placid FLA

My Sister put's hers away for winter in the pots she plants in the Summer soil for that inground look, & stores them over Winter in the back of her un-heated Garage North of Agusta, GA.

Maybe 1 of these methods will fit your needs. North of NC, I would use the cool damp part of your basement or an all Winter heated Greenhouse. Hold back the water until the dormant plants leaves reapear in Spring & don't rush to get them out in Spring, one hard frost can kill them.