Trombone (tool)

Old 12-28-04, 08:15 AM
DAFsr
Visiting Guest
Trombone (tool)

A European instruction sheet states to insert a "trombone" into the tiny hole. In searching through google the only trombone related to tools was for an old English gardening tool. But the link was broken, so I could get no information on it. Has anyone ever heard of a tool called a trombone? The tiny hole is about the diameter of a paper clip straighetned out.

Thanks for your help.

David

Last edited by DAFsr; 12-28-04 at 08:17 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-04, 01:38 PM
An instruction sheet for what?

I did find a reference in a french language instruction sheet for resetting a piece of electronic equipment that used the term trombone to imply a paper clip or gemclip could be inserted into the hole in the case to depress the button.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-29-04, 03:57 PM
Smile Could it be the Trombone Garden Sprayer?

Hi David.

I have used a sprayer that is called the Trombone sprayer. I just took a course called Garden Hoe's 101, & in this seemingly endless kinds of hoe's not 1 was the trombone hoe.
http://www.usahardware.com/inet/shop...dson/61224.htm

Take a look at the above example, & BTW DIY sells a real nice Trombone Sprayer here at the Hardware store. Did you know the Trombone sprayer will reach up & spray 40' tall trees with just a hand pump. Now as for the paper clip we did carry one with us while spraying to poke the spray nozzle clean from time to time.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for. If not we will travel to the ends of the WWW to find it

Old 12-30-04, 10:05 AM
DAFsr
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks!!!

Thanks Chris and Marturo.

Chris hit it on the head, a paper clip worked. I finally got the unit open. It still wasn't as easy as it was suppose to be. It's a piece of electronic equipment, so I was afraid to break something.

Thanks again for your help.

David

Old 12-30-04, 04:32 PM
This was an interesting question to answer. Reading the french language site and seeing the term trombone used to hold paper together started me thinking. If you look at a paper clip, it does look like a trombone. Well anyway, I am glad it worked.