flowering plants for full shade

Old 01-06-05, 11:01 AM
mtrocket
Visiting Guest
flowering plants for full shade

We have an area in the back of our house that I would consider a full shade area... does anyone know of any flowering plant that would do well in this place?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-05, 06:40 PM
Smile What would you like?

Hi welcome to DIY. I was wondering what you had in mind? There are plants that come back year after year & those you have to plant new each Spring.

Maybe a mix of both with some early color with flowering Spring bulbs. I now have given you 3 options without naming a single plant by name. The garden starts with a plan you need not be an design wizard.

The best place to start is take a tablet & a pencil walk around the area making notes & marking down where you wan the tall the short & what colors you want together.

When you are ready to buy the plants that's the easy part. Go online & order the Parks seed catalog they have charts that tell you everything about the sun or shade loving flowers. With plan in hand you can then order the plants & enjoy your back yard.

Old 01-07-05, 06:53 AM
try this.

http://www.gardenguides.com/TipsandT...ues/garden.htm

Last edited by marturo; 01-08-05 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-08-05, 02:20 PM
I like impatiens for a colorful annual in a shady spot. You may also wnat to consider ferns and coleus. While these aren't flowers, they do provide color and texture.

Old 03-15-05, 01:41 AM
Leehallfae
Visiting Guest
Shade flowers:

undefined Here is a partial list of shade flowers:

Agapanthus, Alchemilla vulgaris (Lady's Mantle), Aquilegia (Columbine), Astilbe, Digitalis purpurea (Foxglove), Geraniums, Helleborus Niger (Christmas Rose), Hostas, Lunaria annua (money plant), Sedum Morganianum (Burro's tail) and Rhododendrons for perennials.

For annuals: Browallia, Nicotania alata, and Tuberous Begonias.