Let there be Peppers, lots of Peppers!

Old 01-25-05, 02:04 PM
Let there be Peppers, lots of Peppers!

Guys I use a lot of peppers in my cooking. probably 80% go to making spaghetti sauce, stir fry, and just cooking with onions for a get together with a nice steak! I love peppers, the SWEET kind. Do I really even need a "Bell Pepper"??

Marturo recommended one called "Corno De Toro" which I have ordered and will try this year.
Other people have recommended "Lip Stick" from "Johnny's". This pepper seems to be rated very highly, but I have never tried. Would appreciate input?

I guess what I am getting at is do I really need to grow a conventional Bell type? In my area there is nothing that will beat "Bell Boy", last year proved that to me!! All input is appreciated.
Changeling

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-05, 02:20 PM
Forgot to add, I freeze a heck of a lot of my peppers by cleaning of seed, cutting into pieces, spreading on a large cookie sheet and freezing overnight. Then I take all the pieces and put in a plastic storage bag and use as needed. No fuss no muss!!! Works great.
My neighbor doesn't even clean out the seeds, just freezes, but I don't know how this affects the quality, haven't tried.
Changeling

Old 03-21-05, 05:47 PM
meo
I freeze them too

Clean 'em, cut 'em and bag 'em -- no laying out for me -- I'm lazy! They freeze just fine and are great when you're in a rush...I love sweet peppers too -- can't stand the green ones (which, of course, are the ones I can afford to buy tons of...) ---I'm thinking of starting some of my own this year; I could probably save $15 or so each shopping trip, and it's killing me to know I could have the kids run out back and grab a couple!! Post back with what you find out, if anything, ok?! Thanks!