kinks etc., If you have used something that is really good and also not
too expensive, can you let me know.

Thanks,
Ans

Old 02-26-05, 09:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just my opinion. You really can't go wrong with any type of hose, as long as it's of a decent quality. There are many marketing techniques our there to get you go buy "kink free" hoses for a greater price, but it's really not a big deal. A decent round hose works just as good as the more expensive flat ones.

Old 02-27-05, 05:16 AM
K
spend the money and get commercial grade. they will hold up to the pressure when left "charged-up", where the cheaper hoses will blow out. they are usually rubber and not plastic so they dont kink much either. i got three 100' hoses at sam's club last year for about 25 bucks each.

Old 03-05-05, 12:08 PM
queeney
Visiting Guest
hoses

Don't buy flat hoses that roll up onto a spool.
You have to unroll the entire hose to use it, and the material covering on the outside of the hose gets frayed and dirty.
Buy a good commercial hose, possibly one that is made from real rubber.
Walmart carries them in their garden center during the summer months.

Old 03-05-05, 03:52 PM
In addition to commercial grade, consider buying 5/8" inside diameter instead of 1/2" - You'll find it will give you better use of the pressure from your souce.

Howie

Old 03-05-05, 09:03 PM
P
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I'm a Sears fan, myself. I always buy 3/4" Craftsman hoses and have done so since 1975. Both have crapped out (leaky fittings) and both times I have simply taken them back to Sears and exchanged them for brand new hoses. The last time was just last year - that's 34 years for that hose. Oh, their hoses rarely kink. Note: ALL hoses will kink now and then, but those cheap plastic ones ALWAYS kink. Save your time and frustration for other things, before buying a cheap 5/8" hose, check out the Craftsman commercial hoses - they even have the tough stainless steel fittings and, as always, are guaranteed for life, long after the receipt is gone.

Old 03-07-05, 01:21 PM
Rubber, by all means! All my old plastic hoses are fit for the garbage dump. All hoses will kink sometimes, but if you have a reel... metal, not plastic. Plastic seems to be made to break. The ther important factor is the fittings. If the washer (the little rubber ring inside the fitting) is bad, then the hose will leak at the fittings. Most are removable, though, and good washers are available at many hardware stores. Just my two cents.

Country Gardener

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: