where can I find garden edging like this?


Old 03-01-05, 10:51 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 63129
Posts: 225
Red face where can I find garden edging like this?

I don't know if it is a specific type or done with tumbled paver stones. It is a raised edge with a flat ground flush paver in front of it. The edging or method allows a lawn mower wheel to go up to the edging and therefore no need for trimming/cleanup work.

I would like to do this in a wave pattern around a patio with grading that slopes away from the patio.

Any links or demos would be appreciated as this is a big project and I'm a novice. I have been selecting plants for the past year.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-05, 08:09 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 9,483
My guess is that you would make this with two stones.
Old 03-02-05, 07:47 AM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: United States
Posts: 2,535
You will still need a trimmer. The mower blade cannot get next to the stone - you wouldn't want it to as that would be very dangerous. You have the thickness of the mower deck, plus a gap between the blade and the deck.

The mower would have to ride over the bottom layer of stone. So either buy thin bricks (inch or less), or put a layer of mulch next to the stone wall.
Old 03-07-05, 01:21 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 63129
Posts: 225
I think they are called mowing strips. Sorta like the link below for DIY. I did see a product in a magazine once that was very similar and L shaped for quick installation. Anyone????


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes