I like birds, BUT.......................

Old 07-16-00, 11:49 AM
Visiting Guest
Last summer and continuing to present, some kind of birds have been flying in and out under our carport. I can find no nests around. This is extremely messy and they are ruining our car with poop as well as being messy on the concrete slab underneath.

I have tried everything to discourage them, wind chimes, strips of cloth tied to the metal under railing, rubber snakes, nothing seems to work.

We really like birds around here as I have bird baths and feeders in the yard, but I never see this kind of bird out in the yard, just under my carport.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to rid myself of these pesky, unwanted birds.

Old 07-19-00, 06:59 AM
Visiting Guest
BB Gun!

Old 07-19-00, 01:25 PM
Visiting Guest
As a swimming pool owner, birds have been a worst problem as they drop there dropping in the pool with incredible numbers. Like you, I asked around, read here/there, tried bird netting, tanglefoot, rubber snakes. However, I can tell you first hand that for the past 2 years, I have no problems at all with birds beginning each spring, the VERY DAY I put out my 2 plastic owls. The kind you get at a lawn garden center, with the glassy eyes. One owl is fading, and I was getting occasional bird droppings, but I added a new plastic owl and the birds are completely gone. I put the owls 20 feet away, looking toward the pool. Please try this and let me know if you have the same miracle results I have.

Mark

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: