Kill My Stump

Old 10-26-00, 01:52 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

I had a dead tree cut down in front. Ok it looked dead and the tree guy said it was never coming back. So he cut it down to the ground level. Now I get "sprouts" all the time. If I let the go, they get 8 10' tall. It seems I've heard of some kind of stuff you can put on to kill it for good.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-00, 06:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Two approaches:

1. Contact a tree service. They have a machine called a stump chipper/grinder and can grind the stump to down below ground level.

2. Go to your local garden center/hardware store and get a product that is supposed to kill it down. There are other products that are supposed to prepare the stump for "burn-out". I do not know which of these is more effective or if either really works.

Do some research on each, take your pick as to what is best for your site conditions, and go for it.

Best - Ladybug

Old 11-03-00, 11:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Use Brush-Be-Gone. Don't know chemical company who makes it. Buy at any gardening store, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.

Brush-Be-Gone is active IN soil, so beware of other rooted plants getting a dose. If you spray on sprouts only, should be ok.
Before we owned a sprayer, we mixed product in a bucket and tossed Brush-Be-Gone on sprouts.
We got desperate about a mulberry tree growing in fence. Actually painted full-strength Brush-Be-Gone on leaves! The tree never grew back. USE HEAVY RUBBER GLOVES if you ever try painting.
Discard brush appropriately. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, especially about cleaning container that you use.
Good luck.