Disabled Emplyees' Nursery

Old 05-04-05, 12:56 PM
Disabled Emplyees' Nursery

Once I had a link to a nursery that took surplus stock from nurseries and used it to supply their own nursery which hired handicapped and disabled individuals. It was a great idea and although they didn't have a great variety of plants, they had all the good ones we're usually looking for. Anyway, I can't find my link to them and I was hoping someone else had run across this site in their surfing travels.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-05, 05:59 PM
Here is a link to a news story that may be the organization you seek.

http://www.azcentral.com/home/garden...o11fill22.html

Hope this helps.

Old 06-19-05, 11:23 AM
I found the nursery and bought about 8 plants from them. They were root stock but not very strong and they didn't survive the trip out.
I know that this is a charitable cause so my money did go to help employees there. It would be good for planning purposes to know that you shouldn't place these purchases in a high priority section of your garden plans.
Two of the plants are doing fine after some TLC in the potting shed. Order from these folks and have your potting soil mixes and nursery pots ready to introduce the new rootlings to your gardens after some recoop time.

Old 06-28-05, 04:37 PM
Red face

I have bought plants from this site, which they get excess plants from nurseries, and all you pay is shipping per plant - the funds go to the handicapped personnel who pack and ship the plants. www.freetreesandplants.com -have had no problems with the plants, but they are on the small size, so you have to be patient.