snow on the mountain

Old 06-26-05, 08:14 AM
cheche
Visiting Guest
snow on the mountain

I have snow on the mountain that was in place when I bought my house. I live in upstate NY zone 6. Its in the spot I need it to be. The problem: it must be really old, it has lost ALL of its verigation(sp?)..... its all green, is there any way to correct this problem?? Also, I read on a different Q&A page that I should remove the flowers as the shoots come up. Please advise. thanks so much.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-05, 09:04 PM
Is this Bishop Weed - Snow on the Mountain (Aegopodium podagraria 'Variegatum')? It grows thick and lush to form a great ground cover at about 10-15" high. It needs full sun, but will tolerate some morning sun. The white flower heads should be removed to prevent it from going to seed and to keep it looking tidy. It likes dry conditions.

Euphorbia marginata is also called Snow on the Mountain. It has oblong or ovate leaves 1-3" long with white margins. Plants are 2-4' high on a single stem. Sap should be avoided because it can burn skin or cause dermatitis, so gloves should be worn. Euphorbias, if pricked with a pin will release a white latex sap. Blooms are small white cups at top and center of plant. The need full sun to partial shade in well-drained soil. There are over 2,000 species of euphorbia. Not all are variegated.

Perhaps a better description of your plant could help identify any problems or solutions.