New Lawn

Old 10-04-05, 09:38 PM
almamolina
Visiting Guest
New Lawn

What is the easiest way (and the cheapest) to renovate my lawn. The front yard lawn is basically weeds... I need some advice. Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-05, 09:14 AM
Group Moderator
Start by adding fertilizer to help your grass and weed killer to help make sure only the grass grows better.

Old 10-05-05, 11:17 AM
proper watering and fertility go along way.

Old 10-10-05, 08:45 PM
If yard is mostly weeds, it is often recommended that you kill everything out with nonselective herbicide and start from scratch. This requires getting a soil test so that you know what amendments need to be made in order to establish a healthy lawn. Proper watering, fertilizing, and monitoring and treating for lawn diseases and insects is important. Contact your local Dept. of Agriculture Extension Agent for recommendations for best time to rejuvenate lawn, soil test, lawn maintenance schedule, and recommended seed varieties in your area.

Old 11-17-05, 12:50 AM
JWTools
Visiting Guest
You can try this one:
White (Dutch) Clover.
http://www.cce.cornell.edu/renssela...lover_sheet.htm

For sowing a new lawn and site preparation, I have some recommendations on my web page xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by twelvepole; 11-17-05 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Link to personal website; No Personal Advertising Links in Forums