Elephant Ear (Ornamental Big Leave)

Old 04-04-06, 03:35 PM
Elephant Ear (Ornamental Big Leave)

Hi:
I purchased a lot of 'Elephant Ears'/ornamental plants from a local Wal-Mart's Garden and planted all of them with good results, last year.

Wonder whether this 'huge' ornamental leaves showing up this year again, because as of today, I haven't seen any sign of this plants sprout-up on the ground.

Is it too early to expect some of those plants showing up above the ground? I live in the central part of East Coast.

Any idea on this 'lovely' hugh-ornamental leaves, 'Elephant Ear'
would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-06, 06:46 AM
They take a while to come up, but assuming that you are in zone 7 I don't believe they're hardy in your area. Chances are they may not come back. Wally world has them in again though. I did the same thing but tried digging mine up in the fall and storing them in the garage. Haven't potted them up yet though, so it remains to be seen.

Old 04-07-06, 03:14 PM
Smile Thanks,

Hi:
thanks for the response.

In my concern and worry about this 'lovely' plant, I carefully dug about 3 inches below. There is one 'big' bulb I saw just like when I purchased at Wal-Mart last year. I accidently split it into two by a shavel. Hopefully, it's OK.

By seeing this, there is/are plants starting to sprout in a matter of time. I planted about 50 big bulbs in the front yard close to 'pine-cone' trees. Then, height doesn't show so conspicuously, but those 'lovely' big leaves covers some of unsight things around the base of my house.