Identifying plants

Old 08-04-06, 04:48 PM
Identifying plants

I just got a few palnts from my job that were left over from a big landscape job and i don't know what they are or how to care for them. is there a website available that can help me identify them.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-06, 05:14 PM
If you can post a picture I'm sure members in here will be more than glad to help you.

Old 08-04-06, 05:54 PM
If you can stop by local garden centers for a walk through for identification, write down names of plants. You can also take clippings to your local Cooperative Extension Agent for identification. Online searches of pictures of plants are also helpful. There are also gardening books and plant encyclopedias at the local library. Also check plants for ID tags.

Identification of plants will be important for determining location based on size at maturity, light, moisture, and soil needs. You will also want to consider location in relationship to the rest of your landscape plan, as plants should look like they belong in their location rather than just volunteered to spring up there. You will want to identify plants ASAP in order to get them in the ground.

Old 08-04-06, 06:09 PM
I tried to post pictures here befoe and was unable to. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-04-06, 06:14 PM
Are you familiar with photobucket? It's free and you can copy and paste it here. Some of the forums allow you to post photos and some don't but this particular forum allows you to.

If not, what twelvepole mentioned should help you.

Old 08-04-06, 06:14 PM
Posters tell others to go to a website like www.photobucket.com where you can post pictures. Then, you can move photos to this website.