Cat Palm

Old 06-25-07, 02:39 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cat Palm

I have had 2 cat palms for a while now and just moved them from inside to under my eve outside. They get no direct sun and mostly filtered shade. I put them in bigger pots and have been trying to give them adequate water. I went out of town last weekend so I didn't water for 2 days , when I got back this morning some of the leaves had started to yellow. Is this normal? Can I over water? What is the best to do?

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-28-07, 04:00 PM
L
Can anyone help?

Old 06-28-07, 04:41 PM
D
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
No pro here, but...

They could be in shock from going outside. However, they will probably do better outside. Also since you've changed pots, they could be in shock from that too. It "is" possible to overwater. Is there a saucer under the pot? If so, take it out. What is the current soil condition now? When you water it, let it flush out. Don't let it sit in water.

Old 06-28-07, 05:26 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Cat palms like boggy conditions. If you went out of town and soil dried out, it is possible that is the cause of the yellowing of leaves. Cut off yellowing leaves with scissors and keep the soil moist.

Old 06-29-07, 01:49 PM
L
I do have asauce pan under the pot. The soil drain very easily and the pot is filled with the sandy soil from the original pot and some potting soil.

When you cut bad growth should you cut down to the base, where it meets the soil?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: