Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Xmas tree - dried out... Recovery possible?

Old 12-10-07, 07:30 PM

Hey folks,

Not sure what happened, my tree was sucking up water like mad the last 2 weeks... (don't get me started, i'm the grinch in this family) This weekend thought it was kind of strange I didn't need to refill the resevoir...

Got home tonight to a droopy tree.

So I pulled down the decor, cut another 2" off the base - set it back up.

Question is, is it already too late? Should I just suck it up go buy another, or wait and see? Needles are holding, but all the branches have curled over, needles are curling up...

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-07, 07:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is this tree sitting under or near a heat vent or close to a window with alot of sunlight?

Any of these will dry the tree out in short time and it's impossible to recover.

Where did you get the tree? I had the same problem last year and bought it from the orange big box store. They replaced it with a better one no questions asked.

Old 12-10-07, 08:30 PM
So, next to the south facing patio window isn't good...

Yup big orange box store, but can't say much bad about them, this is the first year I've had trouble in 5-6 years buying there (charlie brown tree vs nice tree with orange label for the same price).