Bonsai

Old 09-19-08, 06:07 PM
Thumbs up Bonsai

Hello,
I don't know if this is the correct place for this or not, but my wife and I have had this bonsai for a few years and the last 4-5 months it has started browning terribly.

Here is a picture:

Link as I am not having luck with putting the picture in here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2870860877/

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this browning? we try and water it biweekly or so by putting it int he container you see and letting it sit for a number of hours.

Can anyone tell us how we should care for this and why it would be browning like it is. The picture doesn't the browning justice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-08, 03:23 PM
Has bonsai been kept at same size all these years? It is best to keep pruned to maintain size to maintain size and minimize loss of moisture through leaves.
Plants with too much moisture and those with too little tend to present the same symptoms. Your bonsai may be root bound. Root bound plants compete for moisture and nutrients. Have you pruned the roots? Depending on species, bonsai made need root pruning. Species and pot size are major factors in determining frequency of root pruning. The species of your bonsai was not clear in the photo.