Asiatic Jasmine

Old 04-09-09, 06:39 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Asiatic Jasmine

Patch of Asiatic Jasmine ground cover in front yard has died in spots. Here in Texas, we have had drought, but I do water often. Also understand that Jasmine does not need frequent watering. What type fertilizer is appropriate, and any help appreciated.

Old 04-09-09, 07:45 PM
N
Hi Phil,

There just isn't enough info here to know for certain what is going on, but I suspect that your statement, "...but I do water often." has alot to do with it. This plant thrives on neglect and needs good drainage. The term "often" is subjective and could mean once a day, once a week or once a month. With all my searching, every site I come across says there are no diseases or insect pests that are significant.
http://www.plantanswers.com/ground_c...blue_shade.htm

Generally perennial vine plants are not fertilized with synthetic fertilizers. These plants perfer a soil rich in organic matter. I would suggest topdressing where you can with 1/2" of compost and water deeply only when you haven't had rain for 2 weeks.

Newt

Old 04-10-09, 05:55 AM
P
Thanks Newt. Very helpful. I water about once a week, unless we have rain. Have two Sego Palms planted among the jasmine, and it's more for them than jasmine. I just have a few areas where the jasmine has died out. Will spread some compost and see what happens. Good to know that disease is not suspected. Thanks again for your help, Phil.

Old 04-10-09, 08:33 AM
N
Phil, you are very welcome! If any more patches start to die out, try and notice what changes take place such as leaf color change and/or any curling of the leaves. Do the stems get dark and/or mushy, etc.

Newt

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: