Planting a bush/plant

Old 05-22-09, 09:56 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Planting a bush/plant

I planted a bush/plant in AUG 08 and it has since died over the winter. It made it until about March and then the leaves started dieing. Unfortunately I forget the name of the plant but I believe its from England and I was told at the plant exchange that its a year around plant. I actually live in the northern NJ area. I know this may difficult without a pic.

Basically I am trying to fill a space(in front of my house and stairs) between 2 large existing hedges about 5-6ft wide by 8ft tall. I was told this plant would grow anywhere from 5-10 ft tall. I used brand new topsoil when I planted it and watered it at least 8x a week after I planted it. I can't understand why it died? I am thinkingthe existing hedges suffocated it? Any ideas?

Bottom line, I like it and will try and plant another but am worried it wont make it due to whatever. However I need some sort of bush to cover the front foundation in the 6ft-8ft range max. Not looking for a tree. Any suggestions? All intelligent comments appreciated.

Old 05-23-09, 09:45 AM
D
#1 - What is the name of the plant?
#2 - I think you over - watered it.....

Once we have more info, we may be able to help -

Old 05-23-09, 03:52 PM
M
Unless you had an exceptionally dry summer and fall, I think you over watered it too.

Old 05-24-09, 08:46 AM
D
Have you thought of some ornamental garden accessory, such as a statue or gazing ball on a pedestal? I know this does not help with the plant, but it may add some interest to the front landscape

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: