Pulling tree stumps

Old 03-31-00, 10:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Hello. Anyone have any ideas on how to pull a tree stump out of the ground? It's a 12-year old Thundering Plum, if that helps any. Thanks.

dinosoar

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-00, 11:34 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 3/4 ton 4x4 that I sometimes use for pulling stumps, but I only do so when I can't get my hands on a stump grinder. Stump grinders are available at most rental yards, and stump grinding services exist also. Using a stump grinder is much faster and a lot easier than pulling that tooth.

Old 04-27-00, 06:29 PM
Visiting Guest
To pull your stump you can dig around it and once a good portion of the roots are visible spray the roots with water. This will further expose the roots making them easier to get to with an axe. Once the roots are beginning to loosen you can use a 2x4 or some other type of long prying device to pull the stump out. If that's too much to do then you can use a stump grinder. A landscaper will usually charge about $50 per stump.

Old 04-27-00, 06:30 PM
Visiting Guest
To pull your stump you can dig around it and once a good portion of the roots are visible spray the roots with water. This will further expose the roots making them easier to get to with an axe. Once the roots are beginning to loosen you can use a 2x4 or some other type of long prying device to pull the stump out. If that's too much to do then you can use a stump grinder. A landscaper will usually charge about $50 per stump.