What do you do with sand?

Old 07-20-00, 09:15 AM
12VMan
Visiting Guest
Angry

I just moved into a new house that the previous owner had a large sandbox (about 10' x 5') that I want to remove. The only problem is, I have no idea what to do with the sand. There are places that will let me dumb the sand for a price, but I don't want to go through the effort of loading it in my truck, AND paying for the disposal. Are there any businesses that would accept it? Are there any uses for it around the house? Thanks.

-12VMan

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-00, 11:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Wink

Possibilities - 1. If you have flower/shrub beds spread the sand about 3/4"-1" deep and work into surface of soil. If there is surface mulch rake it aside then rake back into place when done. 2. If you feel the mad urge to make a patio or sidewalk with pavers or brick the sand works well as part of the base and swept between the pavers and brick to finish walk/patio. 3. Here's a real wacky idea. Advertise that you have a sandbox complete with sand to give away free - buyer must haul. This will only cost you the price of the ad and some child will get a "new" sandbox.