pool plantings

Old 07-07-00, 08:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Help!! I just installed an in-ground pool with alot of concrete deck around it. I have some really nice planting areas, but am not sure just what I can put there because of the alkaline from the concrete. I am not a real big fan of tropicals. I have a country style home. Any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-00, 06:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Wink

I wouldn't worry too much about the alkyline from the concrete. Just make sure you have good planting soil. Around a pool I would shy away from bee attracting flowers, go for evergreens, colored foliage, etc. Use some flowers, of course, at least I have no desire to live without them, just keep it to a lesser quantity. I prefer evergreens near a pool to keep from having to clean leaves out of pool and filter. Not too many small leaved deciduous plants. Think low, medium, tall for plant height. Think green - light, medium, dark. Add highlights of color. See what your local nurseryman has to offer. And ask his recommendations for your area. They have a lot of good ideas.

Old 07-26-00, 11:02 PM
Visiting Guest
I too have a pond that I created last year and at the top of the waterfall I have planted Cranes bill...It blooms and blooms all summer and trails nicely down the water fall