Norwegian spruce transplants/weed help!

Old 05-04-10, 07:44 AM
Norwegian spruce transplants/weed help!

Have two questions; just planted some two year old transplants and knew they will need watering on a regular basis for a while but......what type of fertilizer should I use to help them get established during their first couple years in new ground?

Have a weed, I think it is creeping charile, has a round leaf, has a purplish flower, finds its way into my lawn.......I have been told that all weed killers will not kill this weed; can someone confirm that it is creeping charlie and what weed killer might be recommended so I can get it at on a regular basis.

Always appreciate the help and knowledge of the many who are part of this website.

Dave Doran

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-10, 03:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Dave, can you post a pix of the weed? http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html
Light fertilization and proper pH is necessary for new growth. You only fertilize around the drip line of a tree, not at the base.

Old 05-05-10, 03:50 AM
1. I have always used a plant or tree fertilizer for acid loving plants. I did this in the spring. As Chandler says, apply around the drip line.

2) If what you have is creeping charlie, I've had "success" with every broad leaf weed killer I've used (which is whatever is on sale). "Success" is a relative term with this tough weed. I'm happy if I can keep it out of the house. LOL