Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Emerald Green Arborvitae, Starting 'Browish,' ... what need to do?

Old 06-26-10, 10:09 AM

Hi:
There are about ten to a dozen Emerald Green Arborvitaes, all are about 5 - 6 feets in height, along the fence, that we, the family planted two years ago by having purchased from local big-box store.

Two of them already died due to unusual and heavy snow-storm we experienced past winter. Now, I noticed two of them also starting 'browish' in color which is supposed to be 'Emerald Green.'

Having seen a change of color, 'browish,' I'm afraid two Arborvitaes also getting 'dying,' although I've been keeping to water every day along with a good-fertilizer around Arbortitaes past week in my utmost effort to save them.

My question is;
How to save those two Emerald Green Arborvitaes, ... as seeing them going to wither at the end of summer?

Any help into this would be GREATELY appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-10, 07:34 PM
trees

did you ever get a reply? I have same problem with new trees.

Old 07-18-10, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by rsreballosa View Post
did you ever get a reply? I have same problem with new trees.
Well, ... I didn't get one. but I went Lowe's and found some form of remedy to this, called 'Disease Control'/Bayer Advanced priced around $20. So far, it seems working on this problem.

According Lowe's sales associated working 'Garden Center,' this is only one to help this form of problem. It's 'tree disease' seeing 'browish color.'

For this, I use it once a week by using Sprayer, also priced around $20.

In my experiece working on Garden, flower, tree and shrubs need a lot of attention that keeps me quite busy this summer although I love 'green and lively color' around fence and yards with a lot of flowers. Then, after all I enjoy it!

Old 07-18-10, 06:00 AM
We noticed ours turning brown because of white moths that lay eggs and turn it brown. We were told to use a spray called Seven and it worked for us.