Unhealthy courgettes (zucchinni)

Old 11-01-11, 01:04 AM
Unhealthy courgettes (zucchinni)

Hi all,

I'm new here, and I checked the forum's history but didn't find anything like what I'm having.

I have courgette (or zucchini, i never know) plants in my little greenhouse, and last year they were fine, but this year, they kept getting lots of little yellow/orange stains on the leaves, which finally take over the whole leaf, which dies.

Now my question is:

- Do you know what is causing this?
- Is it ok to eat the courgettes?
- What treatment can I get?

Thanks a bunch!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-11, 09:26 PM
I had that once, with some other plants. It starts with little yellow stains, and ends with all the leaves the colour of copper. I believe it is due to microscopic spiders that consume something (its what the guy at my gardening center told me) and you just need to keep them nice and humid, vaporise the leaves with water as often as you can.

also, it is fine to eat the courgettes after, just make sure you wash them thoroughly.

Old 11-02-11, 09:36 PM
PS. You can get some great hydro and acidity meters on this website, called Virtual Village, they are really cheap and not bad, I bought a couple myself.

Hydroponics

good luck!

Old 11-07-11, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by SarahBess View Post
PS. You can get some great hydro and acidity meters on this website, called Virtual Village, they are really cheap and not bad, I bought a couple myself.

Hydroponics

good luck!
Yes but do you know if they will still be edible?