Dollar Weed problem ---

Old 03-03-12, 05:24 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dollar Weed problem ---

Hi.. I live in Southwest florida and have St. Augustine Grass (also Floritam version in spots) and have a lot of Dollar weed starting in the lawn... I have tried atrizine (spelling ?) and that did not seem to work. Would appreciate any thoughts on how I can get rid of this stuff

Old 03-29-12, 12:46 PM
H
I read online this is caused by overwatering (hard to avoid in your state) and that atrazine has actually been banned by the fda? I would suggest digging them out by hand to stop them from returning. Best of luck!!

Old 03-29-12, 12:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 52 Posts
I can keep mine under control with Scott's Weed & Feed, but I think it says not for Floratam.

Old 03-31-12, 12:13 PM
N
Originally Posted by HisMrs1108 View Post
I read online this is caused by overwatering (hard to avoid in your state) and that atrazine has actually been banned by the fda? I would suggest digging them out by hand to stop them from returning. Best of luck!!
Actually I can still buy Atrazine at Home Depot and other stores...
and I did increase the amount I used that was specified for Dollar weed and have had very good results...

Thanks

Old 03-31-12, 12:20 PM
N
Had used Scotts weed control product "FOR SOUTHERN LAWNS" and it did wipe out the floratam (I had ripped the directions on the bottle when I opened it and did not see the statement about floratam --- ) grass plugs that I had replaced in parts of the lawn... Unbelieveable that Scotts does not highlight the restriction on the outside of the label.. given it states it is for southern lawns and floratam is promoted for use as being somewhat resistant to chinch bugs.... Learned the hard way...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: