Stolen Tulips :(

Old 03-28-12, 05:42 PM
Stolen Tulips :(

I'm new to this forum, and instead of asking the question about my kitchen sink in the kitchen section, Im in the gardening section because I was tulip robbed We rent, and are saving to buy a home eventually, and have lived in the neighborhood for a year. I had over a dozen tulips bloom and when I went to cut them this evening they were ALL gone. This is my first successful garden venture, I'm crushed My neighbors on either side arnt missing any flowers. Anyone else ever have flowers taken?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-12, 04:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Did they just cut the flowers? or pull up the bulbs too?
Maybe they thought your flowers were nicer looking than the neighbors

When I lived in fla, I painted for one builder who built a model home complete with landscaping. We arrived one morning to find a significant number of the plants [mostly bushes] gone

Old 03-29-12, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Hmmm. We did not get the tulips up this year in NJ. Just the leaves with no flowers at all. Strange....

The daffodils came up everywhere and anywhere this year. I don't remember them coming up the past couple of years. I thought they had all died.

Lets see what my Iris and victor Borges do this year.

Its like someone stole them. No flowers....ugggg

Mike NJ

Old 03-29-12, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
Aren't there critters that like to eat tulips or is that maybe just the bulbs?

We may never know if the OP doesn't return...

Old 03-29-12, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I live in Indiana and the tulips are beautiful here, I just noticed my neighbors flowers missing this morning as well. They were clipped unfortunately, I have a few that haven't opened yet and am going to jump on them the second they bloom! Haha. Im trying to make the best of a crappy rental and despite my willingness to make it beautiful, the neighborhood is too terrible to improve :/ . The house next to us is surrounded by garbage and the guy behind us had $5000 worth of equipment stolen from his garage last night. I suppose I need to just count my blessings it was only flowers.