Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Can you some how hook a soaker hose to a current pressurized sprinkler system?

Old 10-23-12, 09:55 PM

Hello,
i currently have a underground pressurized sprinkler system. In the flower beds the bushes had gotten taller than the riser sprinklers. So I thought I have two options.

1. Just put a soaker in the flower bed, and hook up some type of timer at the water outlet.
2. Try to figure out how to tie soaker hoses into my current system. I replace the current PVC pipes in the flower beds with soaker hose and connect each end into the pressurized system. Is this possible with some type of pressure regulator?

i basically want to replace the larger riser pipes in the flower beds with a buried soaker hose.

any other thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated.

thanks
kp

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-12, 11:43 PM
Group Moderator
You can get extensions for most of those elevated riser sprinklers but the plants get to a certain height and it's just not practical.

You can just add soaker hose in place of your risers. No regulator needed. It would probably be best to make that a dedicated soaker zone.....don't mix soaker hose and elevated sprinklers. Easy job. Get soaker hose and plastic splice fittings the same size as your lines.

Old 10-24-12, 01:19 PM
Thanks.

Are you saying I can hook up a soaker into my existing system? Seems the pressure would explode the soaker....

Old 10-25-12, 07:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Assuming that you have " normal " water pressure, a soaker attached to a separate zone will work, as PJ max said.

Woody