Tordon PELLETS ?

Old 05-03-13, 11:36 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tordon PELLETS ?

I bought a box of Tordon Pellets several years ago. I know how restricted this product is and use with EXTRENE CAUTION.
I knew it was serious stuff when I had to obtain an applicator license to purchase it
As stated it is several years old and I have not used it for a few years. It has been stored in a controlled environment and the box was just closed up.
I did a Google search for the shelf life of Tordon PELLETS and could not find any information
Does anyone know the approximate shelf life. Mine has to be 20 years old

Old 05-03-13, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
Maybe we are looking at different things...what I find says it basically hasn't been produced since around 1985-87....but that it's not all that toxic. It does persist quite a while and can work it's way to groundwater. Doesn't require any special precautions according to the MSDS http://hazard.com/msds/f2/bgc/bgccg.html

Since it's basically a potassium salt I'd imagine it is still good. It said it is basically broken down by microbes in the soil but it can take a long time.

Old 05-03-13, 01:34 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well ---I guess time gets away--most likely it's that OLD !!
THANKS for the link, that's exactly what I could not find.
What I meant by ---serious stuff---is that it states on the directions that it can be active for up to 3 years. Also, it advises to let livestock feed in an untreated pasture for at least 6 days before grazing them in areas that have desired plants. Urine and manure from animals will harm or destroy sensitive plants. By that, I would guess it's serious, and I try not to take any herbicide or pesticide lightly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: