Spraying fruit trees

Old 06-07-13, 01:46 PM
Lightbulb Spraying fruit trees

I don't want to spray my peach,apple or cherry trees with chemicals,I was told I can spray them with a veg. oil,liquid soap and water mix and get same result,did anyone ever hear this and does it work for bugs,wood borers etc.thanks p.s anyone know the mix ratio thanks again

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-13, 03:38 PM
Group Moderator
Much depends on what type of bugs you have but home made sorta natural sprays can work though I've never tried with wood boring insects. Generally I think oil and soap type sprays are best with aphids and scale type insects that are easy to smoother.

Old 06-07-13, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
I only use two things for my fruit trees. All organic. Get at the home store.

Worm and catepillar and 3 in one....

Organic Laboratories, Inc.

Old 06-10-13, 01:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
In my view, use of excessive chemicals and pesticides on fruit plants in your garden affects the productivity and quality of fruits. So, use natural methods as far as possible to keep away bugs and wood borers.

Old 06-10-13, 01:38 PM
OK THANKS, just planted some of these trees last year, getting some leaf curl on the peach tree with what seems like sap leaking out of trunk,I'll try some organic and see if that helps. thanks again

Old 06-11-13, 03:27 AM
The reason I prefer my fruits and veggies that I grow in my yard is because I have no idea what store bought fruit and veggies gets sprayed with. I think if you were to spray chemicals, it would take away the reason for having "cleaner" food.

Like someone said it depends on the type of bugs you are getting. There are many remedies and natural ways to protect your garden.