Low-odor garlic

Old 09-15-13, 05:58 PM
Question Low-odor garlic

A few yrs ago there was media coverage about a new variety of garlic that doesn't make your breath and skin smell.

I am interested in growing it and I can't seem to find a thing about it online. Anyone know the name of that type of garlic?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-13, 06:11 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It could be Elephant Garlic. Large cloves and not so pungent. BUT, garlic is garlic, so continue the research to find exactly what you want.

Old 09-15-13, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Real garlic does not make your breath smell,,, Its the powdered stuff that does... Take it from an Italian...

What are you making that your breath smells like garlic???? If thats what you mean...

Old 09-17-13, 06:41 PM
Question

Not elephant garlic (which is actually not garlic, it's a leek)...argh...I wish I could remember what it was.

When I do searches now I get a link back to this thread.

I'm Italian... I'm making stuff with fresh garlic. It's just that I'd like to eat it a lot more often and it comes out my pores if I eat it as often as I want to.

Old 09-17-13, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator
I've never heard of low odor garlic but a bite of fresh parsley should counteract the odor. Maybe plant some parsley with the garlic.

Old 09-17-13, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
I'm making stuff with fresh garlic. It's just that I'd like to eat it a lot more often and it comes out my pores if I eat it as often as I want to.
Never had that happen..

I use a garlic press. It makes the flavor more intense. I just made split pea soup tonight and used 6 cloves. The house smells like garlic somewhat, but I had two giant bowls and I cant smell it...

Hmmm... Does someone smell it on you?

Last edited by lawrosa; 09-17-13 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-13, 07:51 PM
"I'm Italian... I'm making stuff with fresh garlic. It's just that I'd like to eat it a lot more often and it comes out my pores if I eat it as often as I want to."

I actually like the smell of garlic, I don't find it offensive at all. In fact, it's kind of hot (PM me). If you can't deal with it, it may be time to renounce your Italianship.

Old 09-17-13, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator
I buy this now... No additives. I dont have time to peel anymore... Just scoop out and put in press.

Although you can use the press without peeling, I like that this stays fresh in the refridge. The fresh garlic gets dry sitting in the basket.

Old 09-24-13, 02:42 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I always use natural garlic to cook and I don't have breath problems either. If anything, I get that with fresh onions (which I also love and I don't mind the breath).
I have a garlic press but I can't seem to get anything out of it when I press the garlic. Is there a magic trick or something?