Flowers

Old 02-24-01, 01:43 PM
Visiting Guest
I have an area in front of my house that doesn't get alot of sunlight. These areas are along a sidewalk that lead up to my front door. Each side is 2 ft wide and 10-15 ft in length. I want to know what types of flowers or bushes that I can plant that don't require alot of sunlight to grow.
With the heat of Texas, I also want to know if these plants will be high maintenance?
What do you think would be best to grow in these areas? I'm sort of new at this so I want this to look good.
Also, there is grass in these areas that didn't take well when we moved in. What will I need after I take out this grass? I would like something that will make the suggested plants grow.
Thanks a new gardener.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-01, 02:49 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
jimenez4, If you don't know about Neil Sperry you must. He has a magazine called Neil Sperry's Gardens/The Definitive Word in Texas Horticulture published monthly. It is my brother who lives in Texas but the mag is so fine and so much of what he has to say applies here. This is where it gets tricky for you. Texas has alkaline belts that you are wasting time and money to put certain plants in. Visit Neil at http://www.neilsperry.com Lots of Luck!....Mike