Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Looking for tree ideas for front yard, picture included!

Old 04-03-14, 07:38 PM
P
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Well there was a tree in the middle of my yard, but it was snapped in half during a storm. I don't really have much of an eye for bringing the front of a house's landscaping together so I was looking for a little advice on the type of tree, and possibly how the surround dirt should look around the tree. I live in Texas near Dallas, I am in a Zone 8 climate. I was hoping someone might suggest a few plants, or bushes for the yard. I am going to be tearing down the old gazeebo like structure and build out the area under the windows, also replace this broken tree with something more appropriate. Alright here are the pictures, I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much!

Old 04-04-14, 07:57 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
All of the photos show small areas but none shows your whole front yard and house to get an idea for what would look good.

I don't understand your question about how dirt should look around the tree? Are you asking about how to amend the soil when planting a new tree? How to landscape around a tree to make mowing easier?

What do you mean by "build out" under the windows? Are you adding onto the house or just thinking of expanding the landscaping?

Old 04-04-14, 11:53 PM
P
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
As in, should I use brick around the tree? Mulch? Fruit tree, or something that blooms? Under the windows I would like to plant a raised bed that would add some color to the house. There aren't any plants right now except for grass and a few trees and I don't have much knowledge on some simple and hardy plants with a little bit of color. Yes, mowing easier, aesthetically pleasing and if I switch to white brick hopefully match the color, or should I just switch to that 3" black liner?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: