landscaping is dying. HELP

Old 04-13-14, 10:41 AM
landscaping is dying. HELP

I am slowing losing all of my landscaping. It started with my dwarf English boxwoods and is moving on. I live in nj. I will attach photos of the boxwoods to best describe the problem. Please help. The photos shows that some are completely dead and others are starting to die. Thanks for the help. I am showing the photos of the boxwoods but i am losing everything.

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-14, 02:46 PM
Group Moderator
My first guess would be too much water. If your soil is poor draining it can happen rather easily. A hole is dug, amended and the plant stuck in. What you end up with is a non draining hole in the ground. Probably OK during a drought or normal season but a wet season can rot the roots. Dig up one of the totally dead ones and see what the roots and soil look like. Rotten roots and stinky dirt? If so you can simply dig up the remaining ones showing life and replant them on mounds to help get them out of the water. The roots will go down to the water if that's what they want. Even a mound 6-9" higher than the surrounding ground can be enough.

Old 04-14-14, 03:30 AM
Thanks pilot dane. I dug up a dead one and have attached a few photos. Didn't really notice a rotten smell. Thanks again.

Attached Images     
Old 04-14-14, 08:44 AM
Group Moderator
The roots look better than I would expect. The only other thing that really comes to mind is also related to too much water often caused by hard, non-draining ground. There is a fungus is soil borne and attacks the roots of stressed plants.

How much sun do your boxwoods get?

Here is an article I found about boxwood diseases.

Old 04-14-14, 08:58 AM
I would say morning sun only.

Old 04-15-14, 02:45 PM
It is all of my landscaping that is dying but i attached the photos of the boxwoods because they are the worst. It appears to be all off my evergreens.