What is wrong with my zucchini plants?

Old 07-12-15, 01:31 PM
What is wrong with my zucchini plants?

My zucchini plants have developed some type of "issue" but I have no idea what is wrong. Hoping somebody here can offer some advice. See pictures below. They look generally healthy except that the leaves all have a lot of light-colored patches.

This was taken just over two weeks ago:
Name:  zuchinni 3.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  50.4 KB

And this a couple of days ago:
Name:  zuchinni 2.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  50.8 KB

I live in SW Michigan.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-15, 01:36 PM
Group Moderator
That's a powdery mildew that often comes from either watering the leaves or just dew and high humidity. Nothing you really need to do, you could get a fungicide or use a solution of baking soda and water but I doubt it would help. The mildew does hurt the plant by sapping the full amount of chlorophyll from the leaves. Water the ground, not the leaves. New leaves will grow and take their place eventually.

Old 07-12-15, 01:41 PM
That's a powdery mildew that often comes from either watering the leaves or just dew and high humidity. Nothing you really need to do, you could get a fungicide or use a solution of baking soda and water but I doubt it would help. The mildew does hurt the plant by sapping the full amount of chlorophyll from the leaves. Water the ground, not the leaves. New leaves will grow and take their place eventually.
That makes sense because it has been quite wet in this area for the past several weeks. Lots of rain.