Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Pruning bush in front of window/front of house

Pruning bush in front of window/front of house

Old 04-10-01, 01:47 PM
Visiting Guest
I purchased a house that had to the say the least quite a bit of overgrowth. I trimmed and pruned for the last two years. I chose not to trim lower than the window the evergreen bush in front of the front window as I was then using that room as a bedroom. Our remodeling is over and the room is no longer a bedroom. Rather than guessing that trimming evergreen bushes so that they are lower than front windows is proper, I thought I would seek confirmation that this is indeed the proper way of handling this situation. The bush is about feet wide and 4 1/2 feet tall. It has many old branches about 3-4 inches thick. I thought if I trim it lower than the windows, it may look terrible with only the old think branches showing. In order to make the front more aesthetically pleasing for the last two years, I planted two bright yellow bushes on either side. I know pruning the evergreen will give these bright bushes more light. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 04-11-01, 07:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sandy,
Go ahead and trim it back. If it does not appear pleasing after that, it may be time to remove it and plant a younger or smaller plant of your choice.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: