drooping hydrangia bush

Old 05-21-01, 06:16 AM
Visiting Guest
i need help in saving my hydrangia. i have been very careful to keep it watered and fed i used aluminum sulfate to enhanse the blue in the bloom. it was healthy last week and thru the week, this weekend i noticed it was starting to sag. it has sufficient water and good drainnage. it is in a very large container and has good drainnage. i checked the drainnage to rule this out. i would greatly appreciate any suggestions and recommendations. joe

Old 05-22-01, 06:03 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Droopy hydrangea

Droopy leaves may be from heat stress if you have been adequately watering. When hydrangeas get dry and thirsty they tend to droop. They prefer sun, but afternoon shade in hotter areas like in the south. You might want to move your container where it gets morning sun and some shade in the afternoon. Watering is best done in the morning as well. Use Miracle Acid (not Miracle Grow) to fertilize. Take care not to over water or you may get black marks along the edge of leaves or get a fungus. If you don't over/under water and you get spots, then you need to spray with a fungicide. If you see signs of insects munching on leaves, then you need to spray with an insecticide. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: