OK!!! What Did I DO???

Old 06-07-01, 06:17 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi All,

I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, this site is too big to fit on my screen, and I have to scroll across to read the posts. I haven't changed any settings (that I know of). I don't see where you can go in and change the font type/size like on some other boards! (Besides, I didn't do that either!) This is driving me nuts!

Any ideas??? It won't even fit on the screen if I maximize it.

Gami

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-01, 05:13 AM
Gami,

I think this is a more windows/computer related problem rather than a garden related one. Try submitting again your problem in a Computer related forum. For sure someone will be able to solve your problem.

Might be that this page is now using some other advanced web design techniques which are not fully supported by your webbrower, solution:- upgrade you browser to a more recent version.

If this problem is occuring in all web pages, then something might be wrong in your Windows settings. Try playing with control-panel > Internet Options.

ROBERT

Old 06-08-01, 07:36 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply. I agree. This is more a computer related problem, but the other boards I read have all remained as they normally are. Some boards have the option of setting what type and size font you see the messages in. I thought perhaps someone could tell me if there was such an option for this board and where it is so that I could change it, if I did in fact, accidently do something to make it appear bigger.

I was also wondering if it was happening to anyone else, but it must not be. I do have the latest version of IE. I'll keep working on it. Maybe I'll stumble across the reason. Thanks again.

Gami

Old 06-08-01, 02:21 PM
Gami,
Try START, in the lower right of your screen. Then settings, control panel, display and settings. Reset your display to 800 x 600, (or smaller if you have real good eyes). The same thing happens here after certain applications are used(played).
fred

Old 06-08-01, 02:43 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Thanks Fred, but it was set on that. I couldn't go any smaller. I checked the Internet Options too and they appear to be like they were.

My husband has been on here trying to figure this whole computer thing out, plus the grandkids were here for two days, so I'm sure something got changed. I'll find it eventually.

I know what you mean tho--for some of the games the kids like to play, settings need to be changed.

It just seems strange that this website is the only affected by someone's toying around.

Gami

Old 06-12-01, 07:33 PM
Gami,
Have you straightned your display settings yet??
fred

Old 06-13-01, 07:06 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Smile Thanks Fred!

Hi Fred,

No, I hadn't figured it out until you asked. I did a little more detective work and found it in IE under the View options and text size. My husband fessed up that he has been playing around. Oh, really??? Is that why my icons are all rearranged and on and on and on. I think I have everything back to normal now and asked him to quit clicking if he doesn't know what he's doing.

This is so much nicer!

Thanks,

Gami

Old 06-13-01, 02:37 PM
Gami,
Just like here, maybe we need to set up networks with a his, a hers, and a kids PC.
take care,
fred

Old 06-13-01, 05:03 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
I agree, Fred! Father's Day is right around the corner. Hmmmmmmm! AND I can always send the grandkids home to play on their own computer!

Gami