Problems with my Dogwood

Old 07-07-20, 08:48 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problems with my Dogwood

Looking to see what the problem might be with my 4 year old dogwood tree. It was transplanted 2 years ago from a pot and was doing well up until this year. I dug around it and put in the mulch this Spring and within a few weeks, it started to look like the picture below. The leaves are curling and turnd a reddish, brown. I am located in Warren County, NJ (Central Jersey).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-20, 09:44 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 533 Votes on 490 Posts
Since it started after you did something that's a good place to start. How deep did you dig? Did you apply anything else? Where are you located and what has your weather been like this spring? My first guess is by digging around the tree you may have created a small pond, especially if you've gotten a lot of rain this season.

Old 07-07-20, 09:48 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just dug deep enough to put a 3-4 in. layer of mulch (no exposed roots). Nothing else was added to the soil. I am located in the southern tip of Warren County, NJ. Weather has been pretty dry and hot. I've been watering it almost every day due to the lack of rainfall. Is it possible that I have been overwatering? I read somewhere that they should only receive about 1" of water a week.

Last edited by jgido759; 07-07-20 at 11:17 AM.