No question just a comment !

Old 06-20-01, 03:15 AM
denie
Visiting Guest
Smile

I love this site. I don't post often mostly read. I've been to a couple garden sites and haven't seen the responses you all give here. It's like you're not afraid to share ideas and give advice. This forum has changed my views on forums. Thank you for letting me become a part of it all.
Being an American living in the Netherlands. I miss much of the American landscapes. But here these people are fabulous at gardening only problem is I can't communicate to find out their secrets. I have a few places we've visited. One is at http://www.adahofman.nl This woman has an amazing setup around her home, it might be of interest. Some of it is in English but not many photos. I have quite a few photos of her gardens, I need to set up on my site. Another place is http://www.tuinen.nl/kruidhof also has an English translation, not a fancy site I have photos of their gardens on my site. It's located about 1/2 hour from my home. With this I leave you all have a wonderful day and thank you for your advice.

Denie
formerly from W. PA and now living in the Northern part of the Netherlands.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-01, 10:00 AM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Hi, Denie,
I have seen you on sierracommunity and took a look at your site yesterday so that I could see your garden, about which you are lamenting! I am writing to you hoping to be an encouragement in the middle of your "crisis". As the photo was loading, the buildings were the first thing that I saw. It seems to be a beautiful area. Your yard was beautiful, to be sure and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before it is again! I can see how sad you must be to have it turn out as it has, but at least it is a small area and doesn't have to be a permanent problem. You may even learn some valuable lessons for your benefit and the benefit of others! I agree with you as to the doityourself gardening site. I enjoy it, along with sierra, where I can load and view pictures, although I am having some trouble with that. Have a grateful day, dear gardening friend!
~mlminin

Old 06-20-01, 06:51 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Denie,

I'm glad you aren't a "lurker" anymore. I believe we probably all start out that way. It's a little scary at first.

I don't believe I've seen any of your posts on Sierra tho, and I USUALLY read each and every one of them. How observant, mlminin!

I look forward to your input. It is always interesting to find out about gardening in other parts of the world. I've seen several segments of Victory Garden filmed there. What beautiful gardens and overall scenery. I hope you'll let us know when you have finished your latest project and added it to your website.

Gami

Old 06-20-01, 08:19 PM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Red face No question just a comment !

Oops! You're right, Gami. It was on her website, not the gardening site where I saw her photos.

~mlminin

Old 06-21-01, 06:13 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi M,

That's good to know. I thought I was going to have to upgrade to a stronger pair of reading glasses.

Gami

Old 06-21-01, 11:49 AM
mlminin
Visiting Guest
Smile No question just a comment !

LOL
~mlminin