Will my Hydrangea come back?

Old 08-19-01, 07:34 AM
Visiting Guest
My dh just mowed down my hydrangea! It was about 2 feet tall.Do you think it will come back or will i have to replant?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-01, 10:52 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Sandi,

Mine did that too, but it wasn't 2' tall. I won't even ask why he didn't see it?

Anyway, mine came back, and he mowed it more than once. I finally stuck a little fence around it since it was a baby. You might want to "mark" yours somehow too. Be sure and keep it watered, but don't fertilize it.

Gami

Old 08-19-01, 11:18 AM
Visiting Guest
He said he didn't think i had any plants that were still alive and he thought it was a weed!!! About 4 years ago i had a crepe myrtle near the same spot an that got mowed down too! I don't think i am supposed to have anything here.
We have already discussed a small fence and he was the one who suggested it and he is going to build one for me! He really does feel bad about it.I think it was so hot and he was tired and was trying to hurry and finish the lawn! Thanks for the info- i sure hope it comes back!

Old 08-19-01, 11:25 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Sandi,

You're welcome. Yep, they feel bad when they do things like that. I'm just thankful he helps with the mowing.

It was "kinda" my fault, cuz I stuck it out in front of a small flowerbed. I didn't want to dig up what was behind it until the hydrangea got bigger. He probably thought it was a weed also! We'll just have to educate them!

Gami

Old 08-19-01, 02:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

This must be a man thing! This sounds exactly like mine! I had mine out in front of a small flowerbed too! I guess we will learn not to put stuff there!

Old 08-19-01, 05:39 PM
Hydrangea

You two are lucky to have a man that will get outside and do some work. Perhaps tying a colorful ribbon on garden plants will flag the plants that need watching. Make sure you give plants a wide berth of mulch, too, because when hubby uses the weedeater he can get too close. Ouch!

Old 08-19-01, 06:42 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Patricia,

I feel even luckier. Mine has just this year started helping me with gardening and realizes how much work and time it takes. He's taken over a lot of the hard jobs, and I really do appreciate it. It's amazing how much more gets done with two. He doesn't mind me telling him what to do, which is also nice! That could be disastrous. Oh, mine was mulched, but not real heavily. I had always done the mowing, so didn't think to point out what he needed to watch for.

Gami

Old 08-23-01, 04:00 PM
Persevering Hydrangea

The hydrangea sounds like a plant that perseveres. Perhaps a good plant for folks without a green thumb?

Old 08-24-01, 06:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Thank you all for your support and info.I sure hope it comes back- maybe it will be stronger than ever!