Mosaic Garden Path

Old 09-19-01, 08:35 PM
Visiting Guest
Hello, I have promised my grandchildren, I will make a mosaic path in the Garden. I have a concrete path already, I have all kinds of coloured tiles of different thicknesses. I want to have stepping stones along the path, set into the mosaic pattern, with my grandchildrens names incorporated in the stepping stones. The grandchildren have each drawn, what they want on each stepping stone as well as their name. My questions are these......How do I start? What do I lay the tiles on? is there a correct depth to use. will the path be safe to walk on, especially in bare feet. Any thoughts you may have or improvements on the ideas would be very gratefully received, I have five impatient granchildren waiting to boss me about. The scouser (George Davies)

Old 09-21-01, 11:11 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi George,

You could make your own stepping stones out of concrete, OR you could make it easy on yourself and buy them. Check at Home Depot or places like that for what you would need to secure the tiles to the concrete pavers, and also a waterproof grout. You'll also need some kind of sealer. Tiles would be safe to walk on, but might be a little slick.

What a great Grandpa!!!

I have a book with projects like that in it, and a lot of other nifty ideas that the "average" DIY'er could do! "The Complete Guide to Creative Landscapes", by Black & Decker. I got it at Home Depot.

Have fun!

Gami

Old 09-21-01, 11:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Hello Gami, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my question, I am called 'Gangy George'by the grandchildren, there other grandfather, is'Gangy Vinnie' I will take the 'easy way' out and buy the stepping stones, thank you. I will ask on the 'net' where I can get the book,The complete Guide to Creative Landscapes...Thank you once again, it is very much appreciated. Good luck. George.

Old 09-21-01, 01:30 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
You're welcome, George. I'm Grammy and the other one is Grandma. Grammy sounds younger, don't you think???

We bend over backwards for our grandkids also. More power to you! Neat times that won't be forgotten.

Good luck with your stepping stones.

Gami

Old 09-21-01, 08:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Grandchildren

Hello Gami, Yes Grammy does sound younger, but no matter what the call us is great with me. They keep us as young as possible. Thank you once again. George.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: