Dirt under deck?

Old 10-13-01, 01:51 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have a deck that is 7 feet off the ground. Currently, it is all dirt. I am interested in ways to make it look more appealing without spending alot of money.
Thanks,
Bob

Old 10-13-01, 01:58 PM
T
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Area under deck

Some folks turn this area into a storage area. Others as an additional patio/sitting area. You could, of course, landscape in and around the area.

Old 10-16-01, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How 'bout hiding the stuff you store in twelvepole's storage area with an lattice covered in vines - the newer 'plastic' latticework is available in many colours and looks as good as the wooden ones, but will last longer if used as a support for plants - depending on where you live and the exposure (orientation to the sun), Silverlace Vine is VERY fast growing, Wisteria would give good coverage in time or maybe Clematis or Morning Glory (MG are annuals) - lots of others should be available at your local nursery. You could keep the mud down by putting a layer of gravel or crushed brick as the floor. Landscape fabric or even plastic sheeting under the gravel would make it easier to remove the gravel later if you decide to put something more permanent in.
Howie

Old 10-16-01, 04:44 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Smitty,

The storage area gets my vote. We have used the plastic lattice, and it's great--no painting.

If your deck isn't on your south side, you could turn that area into a beatufiul shade garden. Here's a website for plants that grow in shade -

http://www.shadyoaks.com/home.html

Gami

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: