zepherine drouhin

Old 02-18-02, 10:53 PM
zone7
Visiting Guest
zepherine drouhin

i have been having troubles with the 40 oz malt liqiuor drinking neighbors i have , i have asked and looked up so much- i am now to the point of putting up one of those vinyl white picket fence looking things. this rose would seem to be ideal for this- so i was wondering if anyone had any experience with growing this type of rose. i live(obviously) in zone - that is to say -zone7b- chattanooga, tenn.thank you so much. i ask alot of questions here, and of all the things i could do , roses and groundcover are the most important to me. as always , i especially appreciate the response of gami. thank you so much.-c. p.s. my other name is- pineshade7b- does it get anyone descriptive? me - laughing a little on other end...

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-02, 04:14 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Zone 7,

There is a climbing rose called "Blaze" that once established would do what you want. I'm not familiar with the one you mentioned. In the sites I gave you in another post, you may be able to pull up some info on it.

And you're very welcome for the previous help.

Gami

Old 02-22-02, 12:44 AM
zone7
Visiting Guest
actually , those posts you mentioned are in my 'favorite places'. i looked up 'zeph.drouhin' at jackson and perkins, wayside gardens, maybe about 20 other places. everything i've read about it says its'the famous bourbon that blooms in shade'. i remember when i first moved into my house and i was asking about roses here, i checked here , local public gardens. i got alot of good suggestions. some i winged. i guess i have to go on most about my don juan climber in partial shade and in pine trees, which blooms so well without spraying , feeding or watering. if i could only grow two things, it would be- ground cover and roses. i moved into my house on halloween night 2001. based on info i got here, i planted that red climber i'm so happy with. the more i plant , the more questions i ask..so , thanks.

Old 02-27-02, 05:28 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi again Zone 7,

I watched The Gardener's Journal this a.m. Your rose, 'zeph.drouhin', was featured. It's a thornless, old-fashioned climber and very fragrant. They didn't say how old it was, but it was growing on an arbor, and it wasn't very dense--as of yet.

Gami