Chipmunks?

Old 04-03-02, 01:20 PM
Chipmunks?

Hi everyone

Woof's just posted a question about chipmunks and sinkholes over in the Lawn forum - anyone want to come over and see if you've got a solution? (Even if you don't have an answer, I got a real chuckle from the post - you might, too )

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=87407

Howie

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-02, 04:31 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Howie,

Yes, I found Woof's post entertaining, as well as Fred's. Everytime I read something like that I want to tell them to get a few cats or dogs. I'm not much help, but they do keep those pesky animals away!

Gami

Old 04-03-02, 07:19 PM
Hi Gami,
That doesn't always work. Our old Boone was a natural born "killer", but he never caught a squirrel or a deer. And when he was inside cuttin' ZZZZZZs, the deer and the ante....squirrels play. Can't handle cats -sorry.
I would have suggested the havahart to Elizabeth, but I wouldn't know what bait to use for groundhogs, so don't think it would work. In years past, we caught much more than we could handle with a large havahart. Sometimes not fun!!!!
later,
fred

Old 04-03-02, 07:33 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Fred,

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear you don't like cats. I like dogs, but we've had so many that got ran over out there, I don't think I could stand it again.

We had three cats until this winter. Our 16 year old reached her limit. Just for you, I'll post a pic of my favorite cat on Sierra, and I would like it if you would tell me she isn't the sweetest cat you've ever seen!

Liz, I'll let you ask what a havahart is?! Maybe you already know? *digging out the dictionary--again* It's got to be a joke.

Gami

Old 04-04-02, 09:17 AM
northgardengal
Visiting Guest
Hi Gami!

All I know is Havahart is a trapping system. But then you gotta drive your captors 5 miles away or something like that early in the day so they can re-establish themselves. Something else about that is when you trap and release, you could be "gifting" someone else with your headaches... Maybe that's how we've inherited "North Garden Ned" (the groundhog formerly known as Phil) !!!!

I am going over to Sierra to look at your cat picture - I just love cats!!!! I like dogs a bunch too!!!

Bye for now,

Elizabeth

Old 04-04-02, 09:48 AM
northgardengal
Visiting Guest
Hey Gami,

Aw, darn, the "puddy tat" isn't up on Sierra yet!

Old 04-04-02, 10:26 AM
She's prolly busy with the grandkids... I'm "tour we will all taw a puddy tat waiter on, gwanny"

Old 04-05-02, 06:03 AM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi All,

I'll have to wait and put the puddy tat on Sierra on Monday. STILL busy with grandkids ALL day, have to bowl and my son et al are coming in from Arkansas tonight.

I'm still starting seeds and drove ALL over looking for more seed starting strays. The last place--Sutherlands has them on sale for $3.79 with the soilless mix in them, if anybody's interested. I'm not crazy about their soil. It has too much peat in it, and it takes forever to get it moist. With the next ones, I'll mix it in with the "good stuff".

Everyone have a great weekend.

Gami

Old 04-05-02, 06:21 AM
Seed Starters

Hi Gami, Fred, Elizabeth, Eric and Everyone else!

Here's a gadget that Marie bought from Lee Valley that makes pots out of newspaper - she started a lot of her 'hosta babies' from seed in them - you still need a tray for them, but we found cafeteria trays at the local Dollar Store for a buck (CDN! = ~ 50 cents in real money ) each...

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...urrency=2&SID=

I'll be keeping an eye on Sierra for your feline friend too, Gami

See ya

Howie

Old 04-05-02, 06:48 AM
Howie,
Yepper, those cafeteria trays are perfect. Water one time for thirty seed pots!!!
fred

Old 04-09-02, 04:53 AM
Chipmunk control

Go to www.bugspray.com to learn more about chipmunks and their control.