trumpet vines?

Old 04-04-02, 01:54 PM
karubakid
Visiting Guest
Angry trumpet vines?

Please I need help!!!!!! We bought a house from a women who had been in her 90's. Understandably all the flowers in the yard have really overgrown. There is a trumpet vine back there that just has to go. It has completely taken over the back of the house. It has killed what looked like a beautiful clematis and it is growing into the air conditioner. I tried to prune it back the first spring we had but, there are just way to many runners that it is coming up in the grass many feet away from the plant itself. I don't like to kill plants but this one has to go. Of course I will let who ever wants to take free roots systems do so. My question is how and with what can I kill this trumpet vine and yet be able to still plant other plants in its place? I realize that I cannot do it all at once but I don't want something harmful that won't let me plant there for years to come.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-02, 02:35 PM
SB
mine may not have been as bad as this one, but i had one that had taken over the majority of my fence...as some one pointed out, those things will RUIN a fence in a hurry...i took a whole saturday afternoon and got after it with my mechete...tough work but the trumpet vine is gone forever...

Old 04-09-02, 04:55 AM
Trumpet vine removal

Cut down trumpet vine using loppers. Treat stumps with brush killer and kill suckers to totally eliminate the plant.