Coleus problem

Old 05-06-02, 10:41 AM
Coleus problem

Hey guys!
I know its not like me to post flower questions, but I need to know something...

Marcia has a Mexican oregano plant; it's in the coleus family. She waters it constantly, and it is getting plenty of sun, but there are now little brown spots on the leaves that look like freckles. Anyone know what it is, or what causes it? I can take a picture and post it on sierra if anyone needs to see it

On a different note, I am eggplant and celery away from a complete garden now I bought my cukes, tomatoes, bell peppers, watermelon, and cantaloupe at the nursery today. A lot of work to do tonight, and pictures to be taken soon

Eric

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-02, 12:01 PM
If the plant is in the Coleus family, I thimk that it might lik it better in the shade. My experience with Coleus is that it does much better in shade. As for the spots. I wonder if the water droplets is acting like a lens to concentrate the sun??????

Old 05-06-02, 12:21 PM
Hey Gary,
Thought about that. It was under a flourescent for a while, and the same thing was happening. I klnow its not water because the leaves dont get wet during watering. Any other ideas??

Eric

Old 05-06-02, 12:58 PM
Gami
Visiting Guest
Hi Eric,

According to this site, it's CORYNESPORA LEAF SPOT. Treat it with a fungal spray. This site suggests one, and there's also a photo to further identify it -

http://www.hortworld.com/infosources...ase/coleus.asp

Gami

Old 05-06-02, 01:22 PM
Thanks Gami

I passed the info along.

Eric

Old 05-07-02, 04:43 AM
keziah
Visiting Guest
Maybe too much water? I water my coleus only about once a week and they do great *knocks on wood*

Found this "The main requirement is for very well drained soil,"